Thursday, April 3, 2014

Upcoming: Awesome Con in DC!

Now that I'm back in the Washington, D.C. area 
I'm pleased to announce that I'll be a guest at  

Details:
April 18 - 20th @ Walter Washington Convention Center
Tickets: $30 sat or sun, $50 weekend, $60 all three days.
Fri: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sun: 10:00am - 5:00pm

I'll be debuting some brand-spanking-new merch: 
TWO NEW MINI BOOKS!

I have finally printed my online comic Sealed: Growing Up Tupperware as a slick avocado-tinted 16-page mini comic! And I've assembled selected illustrations from last year into a colorful 20-page mini book called Drawn Thru: Drawing Thru Depression. This is the first time I've printed my personal "real" drawing style in 6 years, so it's long overdue. ($5 each!)


You can find me in 
Artist Alley Table D15 & These Special Events:

Mini-Comic Workshop
...with Laura Lee!
Sunday 12:30-1:30 (room 203A)
Want to make your own comics? Mini-comics are a great way to get started! Laura Lee gives a mini crash-course in comic storytelling basics using interactive discussion, live drawing, and sketchnoting. You will fold your own eight page mini-comics as well as receive helpful handouts (covering topics like camera angles) to inspire you to make your own. This will be fun and informative for both kids and adults! Ages 8 and up.

Representation is Important
...with Jeremy Whitley, Amy Chu, Alex Simmons, and me.
Saturday 2:30-3:30 (room 209B)
Comics have a reputation for being for white guys of a certain age. However, we live in a world where a young black boy can be Spider-Man and a Muslim girl from New Jersey can be Ms. Marvel. Come and learn what comics creators are doing to help the diversity of the world change comics and hopefully help those comics change the world.

Comics, Not Just for Adults Anymore!
...with Jeremy Whitley, Jamal Igle, Mike Raicht, and me.
Sunday 2:30-3:30 (room 209B)
The days of being able to buy comics from a drug store spinner rack are long gone and parents can't hand their kids any issue of Batman off the shelf anymore. But the grim and gritty hasn't taken over the entire comics market. Come have fun and learn about the comics that you and your kids can stay up late reading in bed!


Currently Reading: American Born Chinese...by Gene Yang.

2 comments:

Old Rusty Gamer said...

My wife is underway, reading your books (starting with Page by Paige) thanks for attending the con!

Hopefully she "keeps on drawing."

Brief write-up of the con on our site, including a shoutout to your merch: http://www.rcscomic.com/?p=848

Cheers,
Grant

Old Rusty Gamer said...

(round 2, Blogger seemed to eat my first comment)

Thanks for attending the con, my wife is reading Page by Paige... hopefully she "keeps on drawing!"

Brief write-up on our site at: http://www.rcscomic.com/?p=848

Cheers!
Grant, the O.R.G.