Thursday, April 10, 2014

Recent Press!

* Justine Magazine *
WOW I'm featured in this month's Justine Magazine!! 
They interviewed different female writers and illustrators, including my Brooklyn comrade Colleen AF Venable.  You can see the ONLINE CONTENT here (which varies from the print magazine) and then the print version is below.

* Will & Whit makes Top 10 *
 I realize I never mentioned this here in my blog previously.....but Will & Whit was selected as one of the TOP TEN Teen Graphic Novels of 2013 by Kirkus Reviews!! It's an honor to be in esteemed company with authors like Gene Luen Yang.

* American Association of School Librarians *
 As part of School Library Month, I'm happy to be included in this online gallery of author quotes singing libraries' praises for the American Association of School Librarians. (And yes, Hurricane Whit was definitely on my mind when I made THIS comparison!)

Currently Reading: Benjamin Franklin : An American Life...by Walter Isaacson

2 comments:

Kevin Marsh said...

Well done Laura,

A great post, good to see you dong so well even after what must have been a stressful move.

Best wishes.

Joni said...

Congrats! The article looks awesome and your GN's place in the TOP TEN Teen Graphic Novels of 2013 is well deserved. ^^ I look forward to whatever you come up with next!

Best wishes from a fan,
Joni