Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dia de los Muertos

I don't always post costumes, but this year I was inspired by the Dia de los Muertos infused artist Silva Ji so I wanted to share! (See also: my Edward Gorey Gashlycrumb Tinies and Jeremy Bastian Cursed Pirate Girl outfits)

Here was my inspiration painting (Caléndula, Silva Ji) followed by my creepy interpretation.

 And look, here's a whole group of us dressed like her art!

We helped each other out with the make-up at my place before we went out. (See, Rory's helping!) We used Ben Nye make-up, which held up really well and I'd highly recommend.

And okay, here's one more pic showing off the three faces that I painted. Every time we looked at each other we definitely kept creeping each other out.

Currently Listening: The Avett Brothers...The Carpenter.

2 comments:

Kevin Marsh said...

Great costumes and fantastic artwork. Looks like you all had a good time. Well done everyone! :-)

Marina Development said...


Excellent content - as you always provide and inspire me to come again and again. also impressive blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!